Vice President of Business Development
Location: Atlanta GA
Vice President of Business Development for an Architectural Record Top 300 architectural, interiors and graphics design firm based in the Southeast United States. The firm has seven Principals who are engaged in very diversified projects including commercial, government, educational, mission critical, hospitality, multifamily, healthcare, retail, religious and light industrial projects throughout the Unites States and Europe. The Vice President of Business Development will report to the CEO and manage Proposal and Business Development Managers in the home office and their Mid-Atlantic office. This position will have a “seat at the table’ authority with responsibilities for input on strategic planning, staff development and firm profitability. Currently 94% of the firm’s business comes from repeat clients (many of these clients have been with the firm for over 20 years.) A major focus of the Vice President of Business Development will be to analyze the current client and project base and begin the process of progressing the firm’s new business opportunities to 10%.
The person we are searching for should have 15 plus years of marketing and business development of professional services and be highly self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills. Specific responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
– To create a marketing plan of action with each Market Sector Principal based on the skill sets of the firm coupled with the projected market conditions. Setting and attaining specific goals in each sector is key
– Identify potential clients and work with firm’s Principals to produce winning results.
– Develop and utilize a selective checklist for pursuit of RFP’s.
– Develop strategy to foster industry leaders among our senior staff.
– Foster positive winning environment for business development participation by Principals, Senior Associates, Associates and other key staff members.
– Develop marketing skills training programs for key staff improvement. • Increase utilization of Public Relations and Social Media.
This is a highly visible position with responsibilities which impact the profit or loss of the company.