As part of their succession planning and growth strategy our client has recognized the need to bring on a Vice President of Operations. This is a unique opportunity for a process driven Project Executive or current operations leader with a passion for operational excellence and client success.
Our client is an employee-owned General Contractor, ranked in the ENR Top 100. They are a national firm experiencing rapid and profitable growth in the Multi-family, Healthcare, Distribution, Industrial, Senior Living and Interiors markets.
• National high profile, repeat and diversified client base.
• Ranked in the Top 1% of ESOP companies
• Offices in Denver CO, San Antonio, Atlanta GA
• A commitment to their diverse and skilled in-house and field work
|Title:||Vice President of Operations|
|Reports to:||Denver division President|
|Reports:||Three Project Executives, Self-Perform Manager, General Superintendent, Quality/Safety Manager.|
|Location:||Corporate Office is in Denver|
▪ Transfer the vision of image and culture from the executive management team to the project and field management groups.
▪ Proactive leadership and proactive management of the construction process.
▪ Strategic planning and execution of project management, subcontractor relations, and project accounting.
▪ Facilitate proactive risk management through timely contract and subcontract execution.
▪ Leadership through management of project managers, engineers and coordinators and interaction with superintendents along with General Superintendents.
▪ Increase company profitability through effective/efficient practices in project management and business development.
▪ Facilitate communications between project management, accounting groups, and field.
▪ Advanced leadership, management, interpersonal, and negotiating skills.
▪ Advanced communications skills; ability to mentor others.
▪ Minimum 4-year degree in construction management or engineering.
▪ Minimum 15 years construction related work experience including project management experience handling large and multiple projects.
▪ Understanding of client contracts and contract management.
▪ Must be proficient in computers. Software utilized: Prolog/ Microsoft Excel / Word / Outlook / Project, Primavera, and Viewpoint (Bidtek).
Vice President of Operations Responsibilities:
▪ Insure execution and accountability for all responsibilities of the project management group.
▪ Proactive pre-job planning including, scheduling, buyout, contracts, project team communications and team building, including producing a Pre Project Plan.
▪ Oversight of project management process including subcontracting, budget allocation, RFI’s, change orders, monthly cost analysis and reporting, schedule tracking, material procurement, conflict resolution, project deadlines, coordination with project superintendents, coordination with outside consultants and foremost client satisfaction.
▪ Mentor and assist project managers and the project management group.
▪ Work with the field management group to assure full collaboration and coordination of office and field activities.
▪ Manage client expectations, queries, and project information flow.
▪ Plan for personnel needs for the department and responsible for employing the project
▪ Provide advice, guidance, and direction to subordinate managers and engineers toward their professional development.
▪ Assign project managers, engineers, and superintendents to new projects along with other management personnel.
▪ Monitor the activities of the project teams consisting of the Project Manager, Project Engineer,
Project Coordinator and Field Superintendent to ensure that all established procedures are being followed.
▪ Visit all projects under construction on a periodic basis and meet with project teams, to ensure quality, schedule being met, and costs are being controlled. Report back to Division leader weekly on status in written and oral form.
▪ Review all subcontracts and change orders to ensure compliance with company policies.
▪ Participate in local and national associations to further promote company and industry
▪ Participate in developing best practices in project management and implement by leading by example and mentoring.
▪ Generate and respond to business opportunities, maintain contact with network of influencers for lead generation. Participate in proposal preparation, interviews and securing business.
▪ Work with Division Director to recommend courses of action based on customer needs and requirements.
Compensation and Relocation:
Attractive base salary commensurate with a high-level operations leader. Annual company provided ESOP shares, defined bonus potential, company health insurance, 401k, and company car allowance.