Chief Financial Officer
Location: Los Angeles
Our client is an ENR Top 50 Union Electrical Contractor. Based in the western United States for over 25 years they employ over 1000 field employees doing projects in the commercial, institutional, healthcare, industrial, tech and energy markets. The company has an energy group, electrical contracting group and a technology group that does structured cabling, security, wireless and system integration.
An employee and family oriented, safety first, progressive, transparent and humble group of passionate and energetic people who are proud to “win and lose as a team” and describe the environment as “a breath of fresh air”
Reason for Opening:
Current CFO is retiring after 27 years.
The CFO will report to the CEO and work closely with the CEO and President.
The CFO partners with the CEO and has overall accountability for the financial performance for the company. Success in bottom line profit and loss is evaluated from both revenue growth and cost containment perspectives, resulting in sustainable, positive cash flow.
From a solid financial and operational foundation that already exists, the CFO provides overall direction for financial and administrative services to operating divisions of the company. Oversight and leadership of continuous improvement in the various functions and work groups that provide common, platform services are viewed as essential for continued growth of the enterprise.
The CFO will play a key role in identifying and implementing best practices in the areas of human resources, information technology, asset management, information technology and other supportive fields. The individual that holds this position actively participates as a member of the Executive Team; providing input, counsel and often direction on tactical and strategic issues.
This leader is expected to reinforce the company’s corporate culture through daily behavior consistent with its purpose and values. The preferred management style is one of nurturing an environment of collaboration (with existing senior leaders, other departments, etc.), creating alignment of interests, goals and accountability.
– Ensure timeliness and accuracy of overall financial reporting
– Manage risk, insurance, credit relative to the company’s risk profile
– Nurture financial relationships and treasury (bank, bonding, investments, audit and tax, incorporation and ownership)
– Facilitate and track performance of annual budget, business and strategic planning
– Develop company-wide systems to measure financial performance and goals to promote a results-based culture with visibility and accountability
– Facilitate development, execution and performance tracking of key corporate initiatives, improving asset utilization, process performance, employee productivity, safety, etc.
– Oversee legal company-wide contracts and disputes
– Ensure appropriate policy formation and execution exists in areas of accounting, financial controls, security, regulatory compliance, human resource utilization and other corporate areas as appropriate
– Coach and guide other VPs in the company to maximize project financial performance
– Build and sustain a high performing finance and administration staff that works well with all departments
– Act a co-strategist, counsel and support to the President and CEO roles at CSI
– Exhibit and nurture the feedback process for personnel as a key element of: talent development, results orientation, process improvement, team dynamics and accountability.
A strategic forward thinking financial executive with 15 years of progressive financial leadership experience with a building-oriented firm or a public accounting firm with construction clients. A problem solving humble, well-grounded individual who fosters communication, is open to new ideas and always questions why and is there a better way will fit into the company’s culture. An undergraduate degree complimented with an MBA is desired, a C.P.A. designation would be a plus. Proven experience in cash-flow management and optimization. Thorough understanding of financial controls. Advanced experience developing and driving business planning processes along with knowledge of business performance measures. Legal and risk/insurance experience along with banking and surety experience are necessary. The CFO must be a transparent developer of talent with a high E-Q and experience leading a diverse team that includes all areas of finance as well as IT and HR.