President Northern California
Our client is an ENR Top 50 Union Electrical Contractor. Based in the western United States for over 25 years they employ over 1000 field employees doing projects in the commercial, institutional, healthcare, industrial, tech and energy markets. The company has an energy group, electrical contracting group and a technology group that does structured cabling, security, wireless and system integration.
An employee and family oriented, safety first, progressive, transparent and humble group of passionate and energetic people who are proud to “win and lose as a team” and describe the environment as “a breath of fresh air”
The Northern California President reports to the Company President/CEO and provides strategic direction and oversight for all operational areas that directly link to broader organizational strategies. This role creates value in the business through the coordinated development of estimating, project controls, equipment management, safety and business development. The preferred management style is one of nurturing an environment of “collaboration” (with existing senior leaders, Board members and Employees), creating an alignment of interests, goals and accountability.
The Northern California President will create and oversee a culture of safety and positive operations for the company. They will drive strategic and operational plans for the company while monitoring and analyzing future trends in the industry. They will validate, align and manage the strategic planning process for their operational divisions and will support business development and project pursuits.
The Northern California President will maintain positive financial performance for assigned operational work segments and monitor cost analysis activities on a routine basis. They are responsible for the overall profit/loss for their assigned operational units. They will actively participate as a member of the Executive Team during strategic planning and review sessions as well.
- Lead the operations support division including safety, estimating, project controls, equipment management and business development.
- Develop and execute a safety strategy and culture across the company.
- Ensure positive financial performance within the operational divisions, provide accurate projections and manage group overhead costs.
- Communicate internal corporate strategies, key initiatives, culture history and other relevant information to operational divisions.
- Initiate and implement positive change in the organization based on operational trends and forecasts.
- Oversee all areas of successful operations.
- Serve as the “Face of the Market” by acting as a liaison for trade unions, participating in negotiations and nurturing all external operational relationships.
- Remain current with regional and industry trends.
- Collaborate with departments, projects and business units within the company to support the advancement of strategic initiatives and goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in and engineering and /or Business related discipline or equivalent market experience.
- Minimum 15 years experience in a leadership role in the electrical industry sector.
- Market segment expertise.
- Experience in developing and managing long-term strategic plans and executing an organization wide vision.
- Experience in leading operations in the construction industry in a senior role, with particular focus on construction delivery processes and functions.
- Experience managing a large diversified professional team with accountability for delivering technical advice and outcomes to construction operations.
- Market segment industry association involvement & participation.
- Successful record of maximizing profitability of internal operations.
- A range of leadership and people management courses.