For more information about the following job opportunities, or to learn about future opportunities, please apply and send us your resume.
Chief Operating Officer
Our client is a design, engineering and construction firm focused primarily on the construction of dry fertilizer storage facilities. The Company is the dominant leader in the North American market providing a full-service approach that includes pre-construction planning, design, engineering, construction and project management capabilities. Our client has developed a market-leading reputation in the industry due to its in-house engineering capabilities and ability to execute on all types of projects. Company was founded in 1958 and has offices throughout the upper Midwest.
Our client is looking for a Chief Operating Officer (“COO”) to lead the construction operations of the Company. The individual will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the planning, construction, and commissioning of new fertilizer storage facilities.
The COO will provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the Company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure operational efficiency and strong financial performance.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
– Reports directly to the CEO, who will oversee and mentor the COO
– Provides day-to-day leadership and management to operations team
– Responsible for driving operations department to achieve and surpass revenue, profitability, and business goals and objectives
– Collaborates with VP Engineering and VP Construction to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel to achieve the organizational growth objectives
– Continually improve processes to maximize operational efficiencies and complete construction projects on a timely basis
– Maintains high level customer relationships and delivers high-level of customer satisfaction
– Maintains key vendor relationships; participates in high-level vendor negotiations to ensure most favorable pricing from major suppliers
– Works with CEO & CFO in development of organization’s annual budget
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
– Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities including the ability to recognize and cultivate rising talent
– Demonstrates highly effective communication and motivational skills
– Excellent people skills, with ability to partner with leadership team
– Understanding of data analysis and key performance metrics for operations
– Aptitude in sound decision-making and problem-solving in pressure situations
– Proven experience in leading operations function
Required Experience & Education:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction related field
– Master’s degree in of Business Administration preferred
– At least five years of experience in senior operational leadership role, preferably in construction industry
Executive Vice President
The Executive Vice President (EVP) will serve as a visionary leader, strategic driver and principal communicator and will play a key role in developing and implementing the organization’s business goals, strategies and tactics. The EVP will be a strong leader capable of engaging strategically with key owners, building robust relationships with owners and delivering operational excellence while working collaboratively with the executive leadership team to achieve companywide goals and objectives. As an executive change agent for the organization, the EVP must have outstanding management skills, demonstrated leadership and the ability to solve problems.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Communicate company strategy throughout the organization
– Provide advice, guidance, and direction to subordinate executives and managers toward their professional development
– Oversee the management of the Preconstruction, Business Development and Marketing departments and revenue generation
– Ensure General Managers/Vice Presidents have proper oversight and management of all projects in place
– Ensure the operations are achieving or exceeding desired financial results; if not, EVP will be required to dig in the matters and assist until it is corrected
– Sets goals, monitor work, and evaluate results to ensure that departmental and organizational objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the organization
– Identify ways to maximize revenue
– Identify and lead new business opportunities
– Ensure highly productive relationships and partnerships for the benefit of the organization
– Initiate investigations and recommend and/or implement new projects and programs or new market entry regarding the future physical and financial growth, credibility, and stability of the organization
– Communicate and interact with a variety of personalities and cultivate professional working relationships with each
– Work alongside community leaders, executive leadership team, major donors/funders, government officials, etc.
– Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing skills and competencies to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity
– Participate in and nurture broad networks of alliances with others to exchanges knowledge and information about learning and change in support of change initiatives
– All other duties, tasks and / or projects as assigned
– Four year construction, engineering, technical or business administration degree strongly preferred. The equivalent plus extensive experience in the management of related construction segments beyond stated qualifications may be considered.
– Advanced knowledge of the construction industry as typically found with a progressive career of more than fifteen (15+) years of overall experience culminating in a recent position in a construction senior operations management or executive role.
– Possess a mastery of the construction industry within their branch geography through extensive experience working numerous years within the same.
– Must be able to provide a proven track record of meeting and exceeding financial and business goals and objectives for multi-location, 500MM construction operation.
– Effective in the management of financial operations, business development, marketing, pre-construction and employee relations.
– Excellent organizational, leadership, communication, and analytical skills.
– Entrepreneurial-minded self-starter with a proven history of winning and growing business and managing and developing staff.
Skills and Abilities:
In addition to education and previous experience, there are several skills and personal attributes required for this position such as ethical and honest business acumen, action oriented and driving for results, quality and timely decision making skills, can prioritize and excel at time management and maintain a “big picture” strategic view. The EVP should be able to motivate others, confront others when needed, manage and measure performance as well as delegate. The EVP should also be good at solving problems, can translate policies into daily routine operations and be self-assured, have excellent written and presentation skills and is confident and goal-oriented.
Vice President of Development and Construction
Our client is a developer and manager of urban and suburban-urban rental apartments and penthouses has approximately 10,000 apartments in 30 apartment communities, $2 billion in real estate assets and more than $500 million currently under development or construction in North America. The company has offices in Detroit, Chicago and Toronto and has properties located throughout the cities of Chicago, Cincinnati, Detroit, Kansas City, Louisville, Pittsburgh and St. Louis.
The company has immersed itself in a design driven approach to urban and suburban-urban mid-rise and high-rise, mixed-use development with the hospitality, service and resort-class amenities of the world’s best five-star hotels. Their communities feature a wide range of floor plans, carefully curated décor and exclusively manufactured cabinetry, furniture and fixtures, boutique lobbies and lounge areas, expansive outdoor spaces and sky parks, the latest life-driven technologies and a highly purposeful approach to green and wellness. The company supports dozens of local charities and matches every application and lease administration fee three to one, supporting advocacy, education, the preservation and re-population of endangered wildlife globally and will donate between $500,000 and $1 million to such causes this year.
The Ideal Candidate
– Will have experience in the urban residential area managing projects $50M hard cost and up, commercial experience is acceptable
– Career has had a widening scope that demonstrates knowledge and experience in development and construction, although deeper experience in construction is helpful.
– Most likely currently in a second-in- command role, ready for the next step and is hungry to increase scope and undertake development responsibility
– Share a vision to succeed in setting the company apart from their competitors and exhibits a continuous improvement mindset
– Acts fairly and ethically in every aspect of our business and knows how to reach common goals
Scope of the Role
The Vice President of Development and Construction is an addition to the existing Real Estate team. The group currently has several projects in all phases of development and construction. This position will be responsible for overseeing two to three projects, each project will be in different phases from concept to design to construction. Domestic travel of two to three days a week to these projects to collaborate with the appropriate stakeholders is necessary. This role is a key member of the Real Estate Development and Construction team based in Chicago, IL. The primary responsibility of this role is to oversee their assigned projects through all project management phases (development through construction), including acquisition, planning, design, bidding, permitting, construction management and close-out, which specifically comprises of the bid process, including negotiating and awarding contracts, determining and monitoring construction schedules, budgets and cash flow. The company’s projects are located throughout the Midwest and East Coast regions in urban locations. This position plays a critical role in collaborating and reaching consensus with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, at all levels of the organization.
– Manages the General Contractors to ensure project team performance and compliance with contractual requirements, while doing so, identifies and addresses areas of concern to the Senior Vice President for potential liabilities and risk (fee, reputation, errors and omissions, etc.)
– Identifies and communicates opportunities and challenges that impact financial results, while constantly pursuing cost effective alternatives to improve performance while adhering to brand standards
– Maintains brand integrity by ensuring that the products and services offered, to tenants and residents, are consistent with the company’s brand proposition and promise
- Leads and chairs project meetings by ensuring transparent communication of projects’ status, financial reporting is accurate and complete and meetings are held regularly with follow-up action items, while demonstrating a professional and executive presence
– Participates in the continuous improvement of internal and external service delivery processes and leads specific initiatives within an area of continuous improvement
– Makes independent judgments related to operating procedures impacting assigned projects, serves as a point of escalation for any issue, risk or concern and follow-up and resolves disputes between contractors, subcontractors and clients
– Leads high-performing teams through effective recruitment, coaching, mentoring and development efforts, regularly conducts staff meetings and holds one-on- one conversations to solicit feedback from the team, displays integrity by ensuring processes, procedures and practices, affecting the team, are completed in a timely manner
– Stays abreast of technology trends by participating in industry organizations, as a speaker or panel member at conferences or chapter meetings, etc.
– Build a relationship of trust and credibility with the owners of the company
– Let go of your ego to learn the existing methodologies and brand standards from owners and the Chief Development Officer
– Participate in and support at least one or two of the 2018 development projects
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
– Ability to travel to assigned regional locations
– Demonstrate adaptable interpersonal skills when interacting with an audiences, such as company executives and external team members (architects, contractors, etc.)
– Has a deep working knowledge of accounting and financial reporting, budgeting, scheduling and processes
– Demonstrates knowledge of change orders, managing draw processes, analyzing and controlling hard costs and formulating proformas
– Ability to demonstrate methodical problem-solving skills, by using an analytical perspective that includes industry knowledge and experience, resulting in sound judgement and final decision-making within tight timelines in a fast-paced environment
– Able to communicate at a professional and educated level of English, verbally and written communication, with a sense of urgency when needed by being responsive and accountable to the issue at hand, ensuring all relevant stakeholders are informed and/or responded to, able to maintain confidentiality
– Proficient with applicable software packages including, but not limited to, MS Project, Office, Visio, and CAD
– Minimum of ten (10) years in progressive leadership roles managing design and construction of multiple projects across a broad geography
– Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or Project Management preferred
– Experience managing a variety of project sizes ($50MM -$100MM), types (re-purposing historical buildings; reposition and renovating exiting apartment buildings, constructing mid-rise and high-rise)
– Previous background experience, within multi-family housing, commercial or hospitality industries, for upscale product or luxury segment
– PMP Certification, LEED Accreditation, or other specialty accreditation is an asset
This position offers a very attractive base salary, that is wide open for the right candidate, along with a lucrative and well-defined bonus arrangement and generous benefits.
If you are interested, please apply with a copy of your resume and I will reciprocate with a more detailed job and company description. Anything that you send to us will remain in the strictest of confidence.
Our client is a leading fabricator and supplier in the Chicago area construction market. They are seeking a President to profitably grow their business and improve its quality and operating efficiency. The ideal candidate will have proven experience successfully managing a construction business with P&L responsibility for a $50 million or larger steel fabrication business, or similar experience in the building construction industry. The individual will have a strong process orientation and experience with quality systems, lean manufacturing techniques and safety. They will have proven experience to create and lead a management team that has profitably grown a construction or subcontracting business. The ideal candidate will be willing to embrace the company’s operating philosophy and culture. They will be knowledgeable of the Chicago area building construction market-place and have a solid reputation and strong relationships with major general contractors. The candidate should further have an entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to embrace a “roll up the sleeves” mentality to address and resolve business issues and inspire their team to do the same.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities of the President
– Develop and execute a plan to profitably grow the business and improve returns
– Oversee company operations to insure production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources
– Implement best practices to enhance processes, increase efficiencies, lower costs, and improve quality
– Develop and achieve sales, profit, and revenue forecasts and lead the development of annual operating plan and expense management activities
– Plan, develop, and implement strategies for entering new markets and capturing business with new customers, including analyzing market size, growth, attractiveness, etc and developing market penetration plans
– Evaluate personnel and ensure a high performance culture focused on accountability and passion to constantly improve
– Establish safety priorities across the company and continually reinforce a safety-first mindset within the company
– Ensure that appropriate processes and controls are in place to maintain industry certifications and compliance with quality and safety standards
– Identify areas to initiate process improvements that drive increased profitability, including production, quality, estimation, and project management
– Sustain a focus on serving the customer while improving the bottom line
– Assess the human capital needs at all levels of the organization and create a plan to drive improvement through training and performance management
– Craft a strategic plan that at least doubles the size of the company in 3-5 years
– Evaluate and instill a safety-first mindset in alignment with company values and improve safety programs and culture
– Improve the current fabrication quality management system
– Evaluate IT systems and develop a plan to improve information technology
Education and Qualifications
– BS or BA degree required (Business or Engineering preferred) MBA preferred
– 15 plus years’ experience (5+ years in construction or related field) with 10+ years of leadership experience.
– Prior experience with P&L responsibility as a GM, VP or President of a stand-alone mid-size construction-related company or divisional leadership role in larger construction organization
– Commercial or business development experience with larger construction customers, including general contractors
– Experience managing construction quality management systems and safety programs
– Strong communication skills both written and verbal, analytical skills with experience measuring and managing with KPI’s, negotiation skills and executive presence with key accounts and management
– Experience with Lean production principles is a plus
This position offers a very attractive base salary, that is wide open for the right candidate, along with a lucrative and well defined bonus arrangement and generous benefits.
Director of Construction Management
Director of Construction Management for growing Chicago based developer. Reports to the CEO/President.
– Identify and vet potential contractors for various projects based on experience, financial capacity, bandwidth, and other criteria established by owner.
– Lead predevelopment meetings with the owner, architect, and contractor.
– Monitor the contractor/architect to ensure they achieve a design and specifications that will meet the owner’s objectives and budget.
– Hire consultants and manage schedule for owner site due diligence (e.g., survey, geotech, environmental).
– Negotiate GMP contract or other appropriate agreement with general contractor.
– Review and confirm general contractor’s proposed schedule for the project.
– Assist in creation of owner’s FF&E budget.
– Manage work of owner consultants, (e.g., low voltage, kitchen equipment) to meet the owner’s objectives and to coordinate with design team work.
– Manage the permitting process by local and state authorities.
– Coordinate with utilities serving the site to plan for service to the project.
– Vet key personnel that the contractor intends to assign to the project.
– Oversee timely execution of the schedule by the contractor and subcontractors.
– Review and recommend for approval/disapproval change order requests submitted by the contractor.
– In collaboration with the contractor, oversee procurement of long lead items.
– Monitor the RFI/ASI/Shop Drawing submittals process.
– Procure/coordinate with suppliers of any owner-provided items.
– Review shop drawings requiring significant owner input (e.g., door hardware, interior signage).
– Review and seek approval for utility access agreements.
– Oversee owner’s third-party vendors.
– Review and process contractor monthly draw requests.
– Review and process invoices for owner portion of the monthly sworn statement.
– Coordinate review/implementation of the punch list with the architect and contractor.
– Generate owner punchlist.
– Oversee turnover of building systems (mechanical and utility) from contractor to owner/operator.
– Oversee the project close-out.
– A minimum of 6-8 years of experience in the construction, owner’s representative, or similar field.
– Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, or similar field is preferred.
– Ability to work independently, yet be a vital member of our growing team.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, and Outlook.
Vice President of Safety
Vice President of Safety will plan, implement and coordinate the company’s safety, health and environmental programs and ensure field compliance with the company’s safety program and Clients’ requirements.
– Support of the Safety Staffing requirements for the Branch Offices and large scale projects as needed, including establishing specific job duties and expectations for the Safety Managers and future developmental plans
– Ensuring the Safety Program is implemented at all branches and that all work sites comply with standards
– Serve as Chair of the Corporate Safety Committee, preparing agendas, minutes and copies of documents for members
– Monitor the documented safety program to ensure effectiveness in achieving the objectives of the safety policy
– Periodically attend branch safety meetings on a rotating basis
– Conduct unannounced safety audits at project sites on a rotating, periodic basis
– Review all incident and accident reports upon receipt, check reports for completeness, run any reports necessary to follow up on any lost time and make copies for review by the Corporate Safety Committee
– Chart incidents to identify any negative trends, prepare charts and submit to the Corporate Safety Committee for follow-up with the branches
– Compile and maintain company and OSHA recordkeeping requirements, 300, 300A, 301 logs, and ensure proper posting each year at every location
– Work in cooperation with our insurance adjusters, Loss Control and Risk Management representatives for all claims, Workers Compensation, Auto and General Liability
– Maintain Loss Control records and review with Safety Committee, as necessary
– Ensure that all supervisory personnel are held accountable for safe operations within the scope of their responsibilities
Support of the Safety Staffing requirements for the Branch Offices and large scale projects as needed, including establishing specific job duties and expectations for the Safety Managers and future developmental plans
– Ensuring the Safety Program is implemented at all branches and that all work sites comply with standards
– Serve as Chair of the Corporate Safety Committee, preparing agendas, minutes and copies of documents for members
– And much more. Apply for job for more information.
– Exhibit operational knowledge of construction OSHA and other pertinent safety standards including, but not limited to: Ergonomics, Respiratory Protection, Electrical Safety (NFPA70E), Lockout/Tagout, Tool Safety, Hazard Communication, Fire Safety and Emergency Evacuation, Confined Spaces, Fall prevention, Ladder & Scaffolding, Hearing Conservation, Bloodborne Pathogens, and other aspects of safety
– Ensure uniform interpretation of site safety procedures
– Document and track through correction all Accidents/incidents, safety violations, unsafe conditions, etc., display strong problem solving and analytical skills
– Work independently with little or no supervision and other duties as assigned
– Be able to demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
– Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
– Must have experience and ability working in an e-mail application such as Outlook
Business Unit Manager
50 year old, premier, suppler of infrastructure, water and wastewater solutions. The company is located in the Northeast, with eight full-service locations covering Pennsylvania, Maryland and Virginia. The company is a 100% employee owned, generates over $150 million in annual revenue. They have a strong management team, substantial financial reserves, no debt and was recently voted as one of Pennsylvania’s top 100 places to work. The person we are seeking will implement the strategic plan for a key line of business with the company. Responsibility will include coordinating the effective use of company resources and personnel under his/her supervision and cultivate key relationship, identify opportunities and maintain account management. The person selected must be able to demonstrate technical sales expertise and knowledge.
Plan, establish and maintain major account relationships and meet personal sales targets within their line of business, manage a team of 2 or more subject matter experts, establish and build strong client relationship, participate with location managers, sales management and sales engineers to develop strategies for large strategic accounts, monitor competitive activity and develop strategies to overcome objections, formulate annual sales plans, provide leadership in assigned line of business, maintain vendor relationships at all levels, work closely with engineers to specify products included in their line of business and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, or know of someone who may be interested, please forward a copy of your resume to me or let me know what a good time would be, and the number at which you can be reached, for the Principal in charge to call you, at your convenience, during the day or evening, to further discuss this opportunity.
This is a great opportunity to guide a successful company into its next phase of growth while enjoying a generous and all-inclusive compensation package.
Vice President Business Development
This position is located in a very desirable Midwestern city, reporting directly to the President. The Vice President of Business Development is an officer level position and will be part of the corporate management team and the Executive Leadership Team. Responsibilities of this position include developing a corporate strategic sales & marketing plan and the management of the existing Business Developer/Marketing Coordinator. The Vice President of Business Development will: identify, contact, develop relationship with, develop response/message including specific strategies for each client, be responsible for preparation of appropriate responses, engage preconstruction and operations staff at appropriate time and assist with closing the deal.
– Multi-state delivery experience
– Familiarity with multiple project delivery methods
– Experience, regularly and successfully, projects that range from $5MM – $50M Contribution of an additional $60M-$80M profitable revenue
– Contribute to development and execution of corporate strategic plan
– Proven presentation skills with demonstrable ability to coach other team members t successfully participate in presentations
– Direct and supervise business development and marketing staff to meet or exceed business plan fee and revenue goal
– Direct and supervise the development of major proposals, presentations and marketing tool development like brochures, presentations, website, etc.
– Develop personnel to produce effective presentations and proposals
– Knowledgeable of current technology relating to: presentation development, proposal development, client management and client communication
– Proven ability to identify, vet, track and pursue business leads
– Capable of functioning within a team setting to achieve collective business unit goals
– Analysis of problems and formulation of appropriate solution
– Capable of prioritizing tasks while managing available resources
– Have the ability to create trusted partner relationships that produce business
– Oversee maintenance of the website and collateral digital business development resource
– Establish and maintain effective contact with our clients and Identify new work leads and manage lead follow-up
– Participate in industry groups and events to increase awareness in targeted marketplace
– Provide direction and actively participate in closing the sale, as well as assisting in the final contract negotiations with the client
– Participate as a member of the risk review team
Vice President of Human Resources
The Vice-President Human Resources will be responsible for leading the human resources department to ensure the company has the leaders and workforce it needs to meet its strategic goals, overseeing training and leadership development, benefits, compensation and employee relations, retention and recruitment for both the salaried and hourly workforce. This leader will work closely with all levels of management to ensure the company’s human resources programs, policies and practices are progressive, managed consistently, and meet the business needs of the organization.
Develop strategic relationships with the management team to ensure human resources is strategically aligned with the needs of the business. Lead and upgrade the existing human resources function including the development of: recruitment processes; talent management programs; on-boarding process; succession planning processes; training and development programs; and the evaluation of compensation and benefits programs. Work collaboratively with the senior leadership team, serving as a confidante and advisor. Advise and work closely with the management team to support changing business needs. Develop a plan with the field organization to determine human resources needs for hiring and developing the current workforce. Develop creative and innovative systems and practices to interview, select, orient, train, develop, motivate, reward and retain company employees.
Business Unit CFO
New York, NY
The Business Unit CFO reports to the VP of Financial Operations. This is a dynamic role responsible for all accounting and controls associated with a $500 million regional business. The individual will be a key member of the Senior Management team. Individual will provide leadership across the business unit for all aspects of accounting and controlling operations, lead and develop a high performing team within the finance organization.
BA in Finance or Accounting is required, CPA preferred. 15+ years of progressive management experience in accounting and finance in the construction industry. Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment; is both strategic and tactical enough to push new initiatives forward. Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels within the organization. Must be able to work under minimal supervision, be proactive and take initiative. Able to work in a complex, fast-paced environment with many moving parts with frequent changing priorities, must be able to multi-task and manage competing priorities. Critical thinking and the capability to generate consistently accurate and useful reports, as well as enthusiasm for translating data into actionable insight. Strong attention to detail as well as an ability to achieve results through delegation. Can produce quality work in a fast-paced environment. Able to identify gaps in work not of their own. Results oriented: setting goals and priorities that maximize the use of resources available to consistently deliver quality results.
Vice President Healthcare Construction
Client is a Healthcare sector leader. Position will provide strategic leadership, client relationship / business development and project management oversight in each of the following key areas, creating new business opportunities in the identified vertical markets. Build teams of highly qualified construction management professionals to handle project execution and manage the profitable delivery of high profile projects, exceeding client expectations and delivering bottom line profits.
Expand the company brand regionally and establish a reputation as a first rate builder with a focus on Healthcare projects in local and regional markets.
Represent the company at industry functions and trade conferences, create and execute marketing strategy, build new client relationships and maintain existing relationships with real estate developers, architects, engineers and consultants.
College degree and equivalent experience in construction management with a focus on healthcare, life sciences and new construction: 15 to 20 years estimating, operations, and account management experience required. Experience in client relations, business development and marketing strategy, especially in healthcare construction. Brings existing client relationships to bear on creating a pipeline of work in healthcare construction while fostering new relationships going forward. Individual must have a strong understanding of business issues including finance and profitability. Strong communication and leadership skills – ability to see the big picture is necessary as is a hands-on and proactive approach to managing client projects thru to profitable completion.
President Construction Group
Client is looking for an industry leader who has been responsible for driving rapid growth for a General Contracting or an EPC organization. This individual should be customer focused and have extensive experience leading business development and well as operations. The company has a number of strong division managers. Ideally the new President will have a strong track record of and enjoy mentoring the next generation of up and coming leadership. They are perfectly positioned in a market with tremendous growth opportunity.
Position reports to President/CEO, and ultimately Board of Directors.
Experience with a wide range of construction delivery methods including, design-build. Must have at least 25+ years of progressively responsible experience with a General Contractor or an EPC firm most recently as a senior group leader with profit and loss responsibility. Experience with large complex projects. Heavy industrial and heavy civil projects would be ideal. Experience with joint ventures. Should have recent and relevant experience estimating and managing projects. Establish and implement division policy, procedures, and organizational structure as established by executive management and Company policy. Develop, direct, and monitor short- and long-range plans consistent with overall Company objectives for profit and growth. Oversee all division activities, including personnel administration, organizational structure, performance appraisals, and employee development.
Director of Architecture
Client is seeking a Director of Architecture to lead their Architecture Department. The Discipline Director functions as the corporate focal point for discipline services including conceptual guidance, design expertise, problem resolution and quality. The Discipline Director serves as the manager and technical administrator of the discipline, and acts as liaison between the discipline and all other entities of the company. A key responsibility of the Discipline Director role is to be an integral part of client advocacy and business development. The ideal candidate will have experience with multi-discipline A/E firms. The candidate must have the proven ability to effectively manage projects, people and resources.
20-25 years of experience in the field of architectural design. Licensed Architect. Managed architectural group of 20 to 30 architects minimum. Project leadership experience on a wide variety of project types and sizes nationally. Extensive relationships with professional peers and clients on a national basis. Excellent proposal development skills. Excellent presentation and verbal and written communication skills. Excellent negotiation skills. Strong knowledge base of architectural and engineering systems, products, building materials, and specifications. Solid understanding of architectural design development, construction documents, codes, and standards. International project experience is preferred. Understanding of general accounting principles related to total cost, direct labor, overhead, profitability, etc.
Heavy/Highway Group Manager
Client is a privately held, 50+ years old major, vertically integrated heavy highway contractor operating in the Mid-Atlantic area. They have an established network of Asphalt Plants, Quarries and Construction offices allowing them to service their customers when and where they need them.
As a result of continued growth they currently have an opportunity for a Heavy/Highway Group Manger. This individual should be at a point in their career where they are ready to take on an established $40M Heavy/Highway division. Once on board this individual will work with the firm’s senior leadership to develop a strategic plan to grow the division substantially over the next 3-5 years.
Looking for a process oriented professional who has come up through the ranks of a successful Heavy/Highway contractor and understands the business of large scale public and private civil projects. They should have a minimum of fifteen years of experience including profit and loss responsibility for multiple projects and or a small group. They should be computer literate with a good understanding of related software applications. Business planning, market analysis, relationship management, client development and risk management skills will be essential to the success of this individual. As important will be their ability to manage and develop people.
The Heavy/Highway Group Manager reports to the division VP/General Manager with a second group manager. Their staff will consist of a solid group of Project Managers, Superintendents and Project Engineers.
Northern Pacific Area Manager
San Francisco, CA
As a result of the tremendous embracement of their construction procurement solutions by private and public facility owners and contractors, the client is seeking an energetic and growth oriented leader for their Pacific region. This opportunity will be based in the San Francisco area with responsibility for a region that includes CA, NV, WA, OR, ID and Western Canada. The position reports to the President and will be supported by an Area Sales Manager. Direct reports include approximately 8-10 Project Managers.
Client is the national leader in providing construction procurement solutions to facility owners across the United States and Canada. Established in 1990 they have developed the industry’s largest and most comprehensive database of construction product and service costs. They are the nation’s only provider of a complete suite of Job Order Contracting product and services
The ideal candidate will have a progressively responsible track record including division leadership within the architectural, engineering, or construction industries. Bachelor or advance degree in a related technical field and strong analytical skills. A bottom line driven process and quality oriented manager who leads by example is preferred. Problem resolution and client development skills are essential. The ability to mentor, train and develop staff will be especially important as the client has very ambitious growth plans. The client’s business model is that all staff works in their client’s offices. Client growth, supporting staff and allocation of staff resources are key to the success of the region.