Director of Construction Management
Director of Construction Management for growing Chicago-based developer. Reports to the CEO/President.
– Identify and vet potential contractors for various projects based on experience, financial capacity, bandwidth, and other criteria established by owner.
– Lead predevelopment meetings with the owner, architect, and contractor.
– Monitor the contractor/architect to ensure they achieve a design and specifications that will meet the owner’s objectives and budget.
– Hire consultants and manage schedule for owner site due diligence (e.g., survey, geotech, environmental).
– Negotiate GMP contract or other appropriate agreement with general contractor.
– Review and confirm general contractor’s proposed schedule for the project.
– Assist in creation of owner’s FF&E budget.
– Manage work of owner consultants, (e.g., low voltage, kitchen equipment) to meet the owner’s objectives and to coordinate with design team work.
– Manage the permitting process by local and state authorities.
– Coordinate with utilities serving the site to plan for service to the project.
– Vet key personnel that the contractor intends to assign to the project.
– Oversee timely execution of the schedule by the contractor and subcontractors.
– Review and recommend for approval/disapproval change order requests submitted by the contractor.
– In collaboration with the contractor, oversee procurement of long lead items.
– Monitor the RFI/ASI/Shop Drawing submittals process.
– Procure/coordinate with suppliers of any owner-provided items.
– Review shop drawings requiring significant owner input (e.g., door hardware, interior signage).
– Review and seek approval for utility access agreements.
– Oversee owner’s third-party vendors.
– Review and process contractor monthly draw requests.
– Review and process invoices for owner portion of the monthly sworn statement.
– Coordinate review/implementation of the punch list with the architect and contractor.
– Generate owner punchlist.
– Oversee turnover of building systems (mechanical and utility) from contractor to owner/operator.
– Oversee the project close-out.
– A minimum of 6-8 years of experience in the construction, owner’s representative, or similar field.
– Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, or similar field is preferred.
– Ability to work independently, yet be a vital member of our growing team.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, and Outlook.