Chief Operating Officer
Our client is a design, engineering and construction firm focused primarily on the construction of dry fertilizer storage facilities. The Company is the dominant leader in the North American market providing a full-service approach that includes pre-construction planning, design, engineering, construction and project management capabilities. Our client has developed a market-leading reputation in the industry due to its in-house engineering capabilities and ability to execute on all types of projects. Company was founded in 1958 and has offices throughout the upper Midwest.
Our client is looking for a Chief Operating Officer (“COO”) to lead the construction operations of the Company. The individual will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the planning, construction, and commissioning of new fertilizer storage facilities.
The COO will provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the Company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure operational efficiency and strong financial performance.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
– Reports directly to the CEO, who will oversee and mentor the COO
– Provides day-to-day leadership and management to operations team
– Responsible for driving operations department to achieve and surpass revenue, profitability, and business goals and objectives
– Collaborates with VP Engineering and VP Construction to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel to achieve the organizational growth objectives
– Continually improve processes to maximize operational efficiencies and complete construction projects on a timely basis
– Maintains high level customer relationships and delivers high-level of customer satisfaction
– Maintains key vendor relationships; participates in high-level vendor negotiations to ensure most favorable pricing from major suppliers
– Works with CEO & CFO in development of organization’s annual budget
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
– Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities including the ability to recognize and cultivate rising talent
– Demonstrates highly effective communication and motivational skills
– Excellent people skills, with ability to partner with leadership team
– Understanding of data analysis and key performance metrics for operations
– Aptitude in sound decision-making and problem-solving in pressure situations
– Proven experience in leading operations function
Required Experience & Education:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction related field
– Master’s degree in of Business Administration preferred
– At least five years of experience in senior operational leadership role, preferably in construction industry